Download the requirements for the Missionary Life honor by clicking on the Download link above.
1. Discover the following individually or as a group:
2. List and evaluate how missionaries have impacted the spreading of the Gospel and whether their stories and methods are relevant today.
3. Create a list or construct a Venn diagram (compare & contrast) of qualifications for an individual to become a missionary in Bible times versus today.
4. Discuss with a group the following personality characteristics and their importance to being a positive and influential missionary today.
● Willing to learn
● Spiritually minded
5. Discuss with a group the following types of missionaries and why each is important to the spreading of the Gospel.
6. Discuss with a group some of the possible challenges associated with missionary work today.
7. Interview someone who is either an active missionary or who has retired from mission service.
8. Learn about eight missionaries (to at least four continents) who served during the Seventh-day Adventist mission expansion (1900-1950). On a world map, plot their country of service.
9. Create a presentation, game, or speech that shows what you have learned about missionary life while earning this honor. Share your presentation with a group.
10. Earn the Short-term Missions honor OR do two of the following individually or as a group:
Skill Level 1
New in 2016
North American Division