The Journal of Family Research and Practice (JFRP) is an annual, peer reviewed publication of the Family Ministries Department of the North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The journal is primarily intended for professionals, practitioners, pastors, and lay-people in the North American Division.
Each volume is intended to be both academic and practical in nature, dealing with the day-to-day challenges that families face. The topics of each annual volume have been identified as key issues relevant to today’s families.
This volume is on the topic of mental health and includes the following articles:
- Self-Harm: Warning Signs, Risk Factors, and Prevention
- How Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) May Result In Serious Mental Illness, and How to Mitigate These Effects
- Challenges of Depression: Biblical Background and Impact on the Dynamics of Family Relationships
- Ellen White and Mental Health What can we learn from her experiences and advice?
- Therapeutic Lifestyle Change and Mental Health
- Families and Mental Health: Growing character, building bonds, balancing emotions, and listening well - Protecting your children’s mental health
- Healing a Broken Spirit
- How Gratitude Promotes Spiritual, Mental, and Family Health
- A Healthy Mind
- Technology Use and Its Effects on the Mental Health of Children and Families
- Holistic Strategies for Treating Mental Disorders
Paperback. Copyright 2023.