Download the requirements for the Alive Bible honor by clicking on the download link above.
1.What is meant by the name ‘Alive Bible’?
2. Learn and practice at least four shortcuts to learning extensive Bible passages by heart.
3. Demonstrate several movement-based ways to warm up your brain (i.e. the ‘Sparky’ method).
4. Using your skills and your understanding of how people commit texts to memory, explore two (2) of the following Scripture adventures:
- Scripture Adventure: God Ruins the Bullies’ Evil Trick
i. Read aloud the story from Daniel 6: 1-23.
ii. Using your own words, prepare a brief introduction to the main story. Please refer to Daniel 6:1-13.
iii. Learn by heart the main part of story in Daniel 6:13-23.
- Scripture Adventure: The ‘Ghost’ on the Water
i. Read aloud the story from Matthew 14:13-33.
ii. Using your own words, prepare a brief introduction to the main story. Please refer to Matthew 14:13-21.
iii. Learn by heart the main part of story in Matthew 14:22-33.
- Pathfinder Bible Experience Scripture Adventure
i. Read aloud the passages/book you are preparing to memorize.
ii. Using your own words, prepare a brief introduction to the main story. Consult the SDA Bible Commentary as necessary.
iii. Learn by heart the chapter(s) you have agreed to learn as part of your PBE team. **
5. Do the following
- Share your Scripture adventure at least twice. One sharing must be done by yourself. This may be done a in a public recitation, small group sharing, or as part of PBE game preparation. Bring to life the main story. You may use props, displays, or multimedia as part of your adventure-sharing.
- Create an “Alive Bible Sharing Log” where you document the time spent memorizing the Bible passages. Have an adult listener sign off on your log.
6. List three (3) possible effects of a young Christian learning God’s Word by heart and performing scripture to an audience.
7. Share some experiences of what doing this honor has meant to you:
- What was the hardest thing about doing this Honor? Please explain why?
- What part/s of the adventure talked to your heart the most? Please explain why.
- How did this honor help you to become a ‘Forever Friend’ of Jesus?
*Note: PBE is an NAD Bible memorizing team-based adventure. Each team member memorizes 4-6 chapters so that collectively the team has memorized entire books of the Bible. See pathfindersonline.org for more details.
**Note: For the sake of this honor, memorization of all 4-6 chapters that is traditionally required for PBE team mastery is more than is required for this honor. Use wisdom to assess memorization at a level similar to other requirements in the honor.
New in 2014
Spiritual Growth, Outreach and Heritage Ministries
North American Division
Institution of Origin: SPD