Download the requirements for the Basic Rescue honor by clicking on the download link above.
1. What is the definition of an emergency rescue?
2. Show how to safely rescue a person from the following situations:
3. Show three ways of attracting and communicating with rescue aircraft.
4. Know six indications for the need of an immediate rescue.
5. Know six procedures to follow before moving a victim from a life-threatening situation.
6. Know five principles involved in moving a victim from a life-threatening situation
7. Know the proper ways to help a victim, without assistance, in the following:
8. Know the proper way to help a victim, with assistance, in the following:
9. Know how to properly use a stretcher and carry a victim on a stretcher. Know howto make an improvised litter.
10. Know how to properly use ropes and knots as follows:
11. What steps should be taken before reporting a lost person? What information will be needed when reporting a lost person? How is a search for a lost person conducted in a wilderness area?
Skill Level 1
Original Honor 1986
Health & Science