Bridges Honor Requirements
- By: AdventSource
- File type: PDF
- Size: 280.4 KB
Download the requirement for the Bridges honor by clicking the download link above.
1. Define the following terms:
- Compression force
- Tension force
- Bascule bridge
- Covered bridge
2. Describe these six main types of bridge design and give two examples of each:
- Arch bridge
- Beam bridge
- Cable-stayed bridge
- Cantilever bridge
- Suspension bridge
- Truss bridge
3. Name the bridge design that can span the longest distance.
4. Do two of the following activities:
- Make a list of at least eight notable bridges that you have crossed.
- Name two bridges that you have crossed and tell what design they are.
- Watch a video about bridges.
- Make a video or Powerpoint presentation about the bridge(s) you have visited.
- Build a bridge on a piece of cardboard using materials such as popsicle sticks, toothpicks, yarn, thread, and glue.
5. Name each of the following bridge designs:
6. Recite John 3:16, then tell how this verse describes Jesus’ role as a bridge between heaven and earth.
New in 2012
North American Division
© 2020 AdventSource. All Rights Reserved