Download the requirements for the Christian Visitation honor by clicking on the download link above.
1. Define Christian visitation.
2. As a member of the church family, what are your responsibilities with regards to other members?
3. Discuss with a group the spiritual benefits of Christian visitation from the following perspectives:
4. Discover how to utilize Christian visitation as a tool for church health and determine how your church can utilize this information.
5. Discover how your local church can create and utilize a list of sick and homebound members. With a group, discuss and evaluate the types of undertakings that are in place to address their needs.
6. Discuss with a group the biblical context of four of the following texts as they relate to Christian visitation.
7. Briefly describe the following five main aspects of visitation:
8. Briefly describe the following types of visitations:
9. Role play two of the visitations in the previous requirement.
10.Read Matthew 9:18-35. Briefly describe the interaction Jesus had with those He encountered who were sick. What was His reaction towards them?
11.With a group, organize a special program that places emphasis on the love of Christ. Visit a facility where people would enjoy knowing that someone cares enough to come and present a program.
12. With a group, develop an effective worship experience that can minister to someone facing the following situations:
● Able or unable to communicate
● With or without a mental deficit
13. Briefly describe the following types of behavior required when planning your visit:
14. Plan and visit someone who is homebound. Use your creative worship experience developed in requirement 12.
15. Plan and visit a member of your Pathfinder club or your church who has not attended for an extended period of time.
Skill Level 2
New in 2017
Spiritual Growth, Outreach and Heritage Ministries
North American Division