Download the requirements for the Goat Husbandry honor by clicking on the download link above.
1. Identify live or from pictures at least two breeds of goats. Tell if they are raised for milk, meat, or wool.
2. What type of housing should be provided for goats?
3. What types of feed are used for the following:
4. Name three poisonous plants to goats.
5. When are kids weaned?
6. When must the buck kids be removed from the does, and why?
7. How are goat's hoofs trimmed?
8. Why are goats good for clearing brush land?
9. Name at least six items that are made from goat skins.
10. What are wattles?
11. Raise at least two goats for six months.
12. If milch goats are raised, answer the following questions:
13. If milch goats are raised, do the following:
Skill Level 2
Original Honor 1986