Download the requirements for the reptiles honor by clicking on the download link above.
1. What characteristics must an animal have to be classed as a reptile?
2. Name 15 reptiles (lizards, snakes, and/or turtles) found in your locality. Tell where they live, their food habits, and their economic importance.
3. Name five venomous reptiles of your area describing each as to the location of their fangs and geographical distribution.
4. Tell what to do if you are bitten by a venomous snake.
5. Tell what to do if you are bitten by a non-venomous snake.
6. Do one of the following:
7. Locate two Bible stories in which a reptile played an important part.
Skill Level 1
Original Honor 1937
1. Have the Reptile Honor.
2. What is the study of Reptiles called?
3. Discover and record (or tell) at least three folk tales and three related facts about reptiles.
4. Why might it be that a major portion of humans fear reptiles and there are so manyfalse stories involving reptiles?
5. How do reptiles protect themselves?
6. What are the two primary types of reptile poisons and how do they affect their target prey or enemy?
7. Identify in the wild at least half of your list from requirement 2 of the basic honor.
8. Find a reptile in the wild and record your observations of its activity during the daylight hours of one or more days.
Skill Level 3
Original Honor 2001