Download the requirements for the sailing honor by clicking on the download link above.
1. Have the Intermediate Swimming Honor.
2. Know the "rules of the road" for boating.
3. Know how weather conditions and high wave conditions can affect safety and sailing performance.
4. What safety precautions should be followed when sailing?
5. With the help of a friend, do the following:
6. Know how to tie and use the following knots in sailing:
7. List ways to care for your sailing equipment throughout the year.
8. Have a knowledge of at least 20 terms used in sailing and their meanings.
9. Identify at least 15 parts of a sailboat.
10. Demonstrate the rescue of a person overboard.*
11. Demonstrate what to do when a sailboat capsizes.*
Note: * These requirements should be done under the supervision of an adult, with a rescue boat, to give assistance if needed.
Skill Level 2
Original Honor 1953