Download the requirement for the social media honor by clicking the download link above.
1. What is social media?
2. Define the following types of social media. Give a current example of each one as applicable.
3. What are some distinct advantages of using social media? In your evaluation, include the advantages of social media within the context of:
4. What are the disadvantages, dangers and pitfalls of using social media? Include in your discussion how each of the following or their equivalent creates challenges for a Christian person using social media.
5. Discuss with a group the importance of maintaining your integrity when posting information about yourself as well as responding to posted information about others. Include the following topics as a part of your discussion:
6. Discuss with a group how social media can be used to engage the following different types of learners:
7. Discuss what each of the following passages say about communications (social media). How can we use that guidance in our communications when visiting social networking sites?
8. Read Philippians 2 concerning the character of Jesus Christ.
9. Create a presentation, speech or game that shows what you have learned about social media while earning this honor. Share this presentation with a group.
10. If your church or Pathfinder club uses social media for advertising the church and its ministries, assist with an update and learn the process of updating that social media page. If your church or Pathfinder club does not use social media, discuss with the leadership why they don’t.
Skill Level 2
New in 2014
North American Division