Download the requirements for the Spinning Yarn honor by clicking on the download link above.
1. Describe the history or progression of spinning.
2. Name at least three types of animal fibers spun today.
3. Name at least one non-animal fiber spun today.
4. Describe why wool lends itself more to spinning over other animal fibers.
5. What is the largest source of hand spun wool in your region or country?
6. Find at least three references in the Bible concerning the development of wool materials.
7. Define the following terms:
8. Identify the three main categories of spindles. Find examples of each.
9. Construct a drop spindle and demonstrate its use.
10. Explain the steps of turning fiber into yarn.
11. Demonstrate the carding of any type of animal fiber.
12. Spin at least ten feet of yarn using a drop spindle.
13. Read Matthew 6:28-30. How can you relate what you have experienced in this honor to Jesus’ words?
Skill Level 1
New in 2018
Arts, Crafts, and Hobbies
North American Division