Download the requirements for the Ultimate Disc honor by clicking on the download link above.
Ultimate Disc, Category 1
1. Know the 10 simple rules of Ultimate Disc and how the game is played.
2. Define and explain “spirit of the game” .
3. Explain why the name “Frisbee” was dropped from the name of the game.
4. Identify and be able to throw the disk:
5. Define or explain the following game terms:
6. Explain the following calls or rules:
7. As a team or individual, develop a plan to practice outreach while completing the requirements for this honor. Possible options could include the following:
8. Play six (6) Pathfinder pick-up games to twelve (12) points and demonstrate reasonable understanding of disc handling, throwing, catching, scoring, and defending.
9. Write a one-page report or provide an oral report to the Pathfinder leader on how the concept of “spirit of the game” is applied to Ultimate Disc and outside the sport as a Christian role model to others. Discuss why the concept is important in fair play and in reducing the desire to win at any cost.
Skill Level 1
Original Honor 2011
Ultimate Disc, Category 2
1. Earn the Ultimate Disc 1 honor.
2. Read and understand the newest USA Ultimate sanctioned rules and regulations.
3. Display a proficiency and understanding of both offensive and defensive positions for playing Ultimate Disc.
4. Define and play all positions in a zone defense and understand how to break a zone:
5. Demonstrate proficiency in throwing the disc:
6. Define the dimensions of a regulation playing field and end zones, and demonstrate an ability to set up markers and cones.
7. Define the following terms and playing circumstances:
8. As a team or individual, develop a plan to practice outreach while completing the requirements for this honor. Possible options should include the following:
9. Practice throwing/catching and offensive/defensive drills and learn how to play smaller scale versions of the game, as practice, with fewer players, including “Hot Box.”.
10. Play three (3) collegiate pick-up games or a sanctioned USA Ultimate league game.
11. Become a member of the Ultimate Player’s Association, http://www.usaultimate.org/ membership/default.aspx, or compete in a USA Ultimate-sanctioned tournament.
Skill Level 2
Original Honor 2011
North American Division