Download the requirements for the wise steward award by clicking on the download link above.
1. Find a Bible verse which tells who owns everything on earth.
2. Describe a wise steward.
3. Find, read, and explain Malachi 3:8-10.
4. Fill out your own tithe envelope and give it at church in the offering plate.
5. Make and decorate a place to keep your:
6. Make a poster showing some of the things Sabbath School offerings are used for.
7. Listen to the story of a widow in the Bible and her small offering.
8. Tell how and why wise stewards will care for their belongings.
1. Genesis 1, 2; Psalm 24:1; John 1:1-3.
2. A wise steward is responsible and faithful to God and others. I Corinthians 4:2, I Peter 4:10.
3. The Bible says that we are to give tithes and offerings to God as a response of gratitude. He promises a special blessing for those who are faithful.
4. Enlarge your church’s tithe envelope to 8 1/2 by 11 inches and help the children fill out one as they learn to give an honest tithe and offering to Jesus.
5. Help the children understand the method and purpose of budgeting. See that every child has some money to put in the container(s) they decorate. (Children may give offering from spending money.)
6. Use magazine pictures or draw and color items that our Sabbath School offerings can buy (Bibles, Sabbath School papers, felts and pictures to illustrate Bible stories, Sabbath School meeting areas, and much more).
7. Read Counsels on Stewardship by Ellen G. White, pages 174-176 and then retell the story of the widow and her two mites in language that the children will understand.
8. Wise and faithful stewards will manage their lives, time, talents, and money that God has given them.