You probably have a fairly good idea of what it took to construct the building in which your congregation meets. First, there was a recognized need for a building, followed by a budget, blueprints, fund-raising, construction workers, and building materials, and voila! The structure proudly stands as a monument to the effective implementation of a well-thought-out plan.
The process of building a strong congregation is basically the same. And you've got to start with a plan.
Building Strong Congregations contains the tools you need to make your congregation's ministry more effective. Worksheets after each chapter walk you through a step-by-step application of the material covered and help you put together a plan of action. You'll also learn how to find answers unique to your organization for such questions as:
- What is your congregation's mission?
- Whom should your congregation try to reach, and how?
- What does your congregation have to offer?
- Why should people choose to associate with your congregation and not the one down the street?
- How would their needs be met?
- How do you ensure that they will want to remain participants in the life and ministry of your congregation?
Resource CD included. Copyright 2010. Hardcover. 588 pages.