Are you planning a building project—a new church, addition, school building, or Community Service building? Do you wonder how you should go about getting the funds? Does it seem like your campaign for funds goes on forever? Are your members or constituents tired of talking about money? If you have these questions and probably many others, this book is for you.
Much has changed from the simpler times when giving to churches and their programs was taken for granted, when members could be counted on to give because “God said so,” and when there was less competition for both the spiritual as well as material attention of constituents. Seventh-day Adventist pastors and ministry leaders understand that “we’ve always done it that way” is an adage that no longer works. They are looking for more responsible and credible ways to raise money.
Beginning with the question, “Where do I start?” and moving through the process of raising money responsibly, this handbook is designed to help churches avoid pitfalls and raise money successfully, in ways that work today.
Read this handbook to find:
- Tips for grounding fund-raising in good stewardship
- A basis and fundamental understanding of fund-raising for faith-based organizations
- Articles on specific strategies and campaigns
- Fund-raising components and principles that are the basis of successful campaigns—worksheets included
- Guidelines for conducting a building or renovation campaign
- When to use a fund-raising consultant and how to select one
- A careful look at the legal aspects of raising funds for projects
This handbook will help you in your journey toward accomplishing your church’s goals, whether they include a project, campaign, or ongoing financial support.
Paperback. Copyright 2012, updated in 2016.