Download the requirements for the Basketball honor by clicking on the download link above.
1. Know the basic rules of basketball.
2. What is the meaning of “Good Sportsmanship?”
3. Define the following terms:
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the different skills required at each position.
5. Demonstrate reasonable skill in the following areas:
6. Spend at least 4 hours helping a less skilled or younger player improve their skills.
7. Play at least 5 games with family or friends. Show good sportsmanship during your practice and games.
8. Write a one page report on a famous basketball player. Discuss why they are or arenot a good Christian role model.
9. Discuss with your Pathfinder leader, pastor or teacher the problems facing a Seventh-day Adventist youth considering sports in Jr. High, High School and college. What alternatives are there that allows for continued activity in sports.
10. Make a scale drawing of a basketball court properly laid out.
Skill Level 1
Original Honor 1999
North American Division