Download the requirements for the edible wild plants honor by clicking on the download link above.
Edible Wild Plants
1. Photograph, collect pictures of or sketch fifteen edible wild plants. Identify each plant in the wild.
2. Identify in the wild five trees and five shrubs which are edible.
3. Identify, prepare, and eat three kinds of wild berries or fruits, three kinds of bever-ages, three salad plants, three potherbs (greens), and two tubers or roots.
4. Demonstrate the preparation of wild foods in each of the following ways:
6. Explain how to identify three "odd-shaped" edible fungi and how to identify the deadly mushroom amanitas.
7. What root plant can be dried and ground into meal?
8. Know at least 8 families embracing the poisonous or doubtful plants.
9. What is the cardinal edibility rule?
Skill Level 2
Original Honor 1970