Download the requirements for the rural development honor by clicking on the download link above.
1. Explain to your instructor why some countries in our world are called “developing” countries and why others are called “developed” countries.
2. Name ten developing countries and list two things that ADRA is doing in these countries that would fall under the description of “relief”and two things that would fall under the description of “development”.
3. Read what Ellen White has written about why we have the poor with us in Desire of Ages, Chapter 70, entitled “The Least of These My Brethren”. Summarize what you have learned from this chapter in 50 words or less.
4. View an ADRA video report (www.adra.org) on development activities in other countries than your own, and participate in a discussion about what you see following the video.
5. Participate in one of the following field trips or group projects:
6. Listen to or watch a presentation about a person who grew up in a rural, underdeveloped area. Discuss with a Pathfinder staff, club, unit or class how the following differed from your life:
Skill Level 2
Original Honor 2009
North American Division